Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Secret to a Fruitful Papaya Tree

                Papaya is an easy to grow tree here in the Philippines. It needs minimal care. Mostly, you will just see it at the side of the streets growing on their own, but has one or two fruits only. Currently, I have four Papaya trees inside my yard. We call the fruit bearing "female" and the one that just flowers through out its lifetime a "male". So, I've got two females and two males planted close together. I did not actually plant these trees, one pair just grew from the plant my mom gave me and I transplanted it to a larger space where it can grow bigger, and the other was planted by our native birds I assume, lol. It just grew there, so I suppose it came from the birds which live inside our yard.

Red Lady Papaya, I suppose!


           I am surprise myself that every flower bud the female tree produces developed into a fruit, look how plenty each female tree bears.





The little hole eaten by the birds.

          I occasionally took photos of my harvest and here it is. We picked the fruit whenever it becomes orangy because it attracts birds and it will eventually gets rotted before it fully ripens.

           One time my mom has mentioned that probably the secret to this abundant fruits of our tree is that, it is always coupled with a male one. And I thought so myself and the pollinators could be a help too. Please do note that these trees are not well tended nor even fertilized. They are just there, rain or shine on its own and yet, its fruitful. 



                                These photos will show you how close it was planted together.





                                          Truly God has gifted us with amazing wonders. 

                                                     Happy Midweeeeek dearies!


Follow: Instagram   @leiangeles16
               Facebook     The Bulakenya

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your papaya trees very fruitful. There is competition between the birds and me, see who gets the papaya first. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ang sarap ng papaya Lei lalo na pag malamig

    https://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at all those fruits you've got! Yummy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing! I would be in heaven if I could taste one of your homegrown papaya! You don't get such quality fruit over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog post, lei! I love Papaya. What a great fruit!
    Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com
    XO

    ReplyDelete