Thursday, October 5, 2017

Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar: A Place of Historic Beautiful Houses

                This is where my father-in-law's been suggesting we go. Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. A place of historical century-old houses brought from its original place to this park of beautifully restored ancient homes. Filipino elders would love visiting here, but of course the younger generations must also go because in an hour of heritage tour they are offering, one will see how our ancestors lived during the old days.







       Here are some of our photos during my 2016 visit with my hubby's family. (This has been a draft post since 2016, lol).

        Come 2017, I was able to re-visit the place again through my company's team building.

             This time I was able to have a "doorfie". But still it was very hot during the summer because there are seldom trees planted yet and some are still growing.



          A few changes such as additional ancient houses and a balsa ride which tours around the river and the houses are now being offered.

         This is one of the few big trees around and at the back of me is the balsa we've ridden.


       
             This is  one of our river tour photos. If not for the heat, it was so much fun.




              
                When we head to the beach, we took a Calesa ride, an old means of transportation for Filipinos. It was my first time riding it but I was a little sad because we took the ride at 5 pm and the horse looked so sad, he was probably exhausted.




           A great view of the beach area were we had a few games and took a quick dip before we head back to the hotel to get our things and leave.


At the hotel
                    I say this place is a must-go for every age. A beautiful place in Bagac, Bataan, developed for everyone to experience the Filipino ways during the Spanish era. 


Follow: Instagram @leiangeles16
               Facebook   The Bulakenya                 

4 comments:

  1. I love visiting and learning about historical heritage. And ooohhh. Ride on a calesa is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely place to holiday, Lei. I am totally admiring the architecture of the buildings. The beach is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and you look beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to visit here, it would give my kids a brief lesson about the Philippine history :) Everything looks interesting except for the horse I guess. Nice to read your blog again.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete