Saturday, January 16, 2016

U.A.E. Stamps

          My father's been an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) during the 80s and early 90s as a sewer at Dubai and Sharjah, U.A.E. During that time, only overseas calls and snail mails are the usual communication means but because overseas calls are pricey then, we just usually resort to snail mails. And that's why my mom who collect stamps then was able to preserve these stamps I have now. I'm thankful that the big flood caused by typhoon Ondoy last 2009 has not washed it away. 

28. 27th Chess Olympiad
       Dubai 1986
       250 Fils


29. Fifth Anniversary of Gulf Investment Corporation
      1989
      50 Fils

 

30.  Anniversary of the Flight Information Region
       1987
       250 Fils


31. Palestinian Popular Uprising
      250 Fils


32. Football WorldCup Italia 
      1990
      250 Fils 


    
         These are mere memories of his time there, but in the future I'd like to go and see Dubai for myself too cause from what I've seen in his photos and what I've watched from F&F7, the place has changed and improved so much. The first that I'd like to visit is the Dubai Miracle Garden.

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Follow me!

Instagram
Follow

32 comments:

  1. Nice collection of stamps :)

    I'm new here, maybe we can follow each other?
    My blog: http://worldismagiiic.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! :) Thanks for sharing.

    xxx

    Cury in the City
    Instagram
    FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely collection of stamps, Lei! Thank you so much for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never collected anything. Nice collection you've got here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we're kind of different cause I like collecting things. Thank you Lux!

      Delete
  5. classically beautiful memories

    ReplyDelete
  6. A miracle garden does sound like someplace you might like :) Lovely collection pieces, dear! xoxo

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you know me too well Shamu! Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  7. great post
    I love it
    kiss
    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2016/01/2016-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool.
    Glad it survive the typhoon.
    It's a priceless collection

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I want to grow it even more Zarah! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. ahh i see,,,that's why you have a lot of those stamps, Lei..keep flaming your passion...

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Will visit your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely collection, Lei! I do miss the days I used to receive snail mail. Stamps were so magical then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, it's very uncommon these days. But my work requires sending snail mails, so I still have access.

      Delete