Saturday, October 10, 2015

Rewards of the gardener

I am now literally gaining the fruits of my labor. Since it is a weekend, I paid my garden a thorough visit and guess what? This is what I earned. So many harvest. There are still a lot of fruits waiting to ripen and get harvested in the days to come. I hope I could give it more time in the future so I will have  more harvest.

Guavas, Custard Apple, Sour Sop, Calamansi, Bell Pepper


We have harvested so many guavas actually but I have not taken a photo since we have visitors yesterday and they've eaten some and the ripe ones were cooked as our lunch, a native dish we call Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas, a milksfish cooked in guava soup.

No chemicals were used for any of my tree or plants, so what we have is 100% organic.

13 comments:

  1. Never heard of a custard apple before but I like both those things separately so maybe :) Great haul, dear!! xoxo

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We call it Atis here. Thank you dear! xo

      Delete
    2. And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, dear! As for your question, the Zappos item was a pair of shoes my ladyfriend had ordered. Buddy was sold separately :)

      Delete
    3. You welcome dear! Thank you also for always supporting my every post even if some are ewwwy to you. haha!

      Delete
  2. i wonder what that red fruit, Lei?.in love the atis...

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've harvested so many lovely things! I bet they all taste amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of exotic fruits! I miss guavas.

    ReplyDelete